Mark your calendars for Friday, October 16th, 2015: it’s the date of the Statewide Senior Conference & Expo in Warwick, RI. This year’s theme is Building Community for Aging.
This is the 8th annual event organized by the Senior Agenda Coalition of Rhode Island, and the all-day conference offers a wide variety of workshops and activities, such as:
- Improving Senior & Disabled Transportation
- Telling Our Stories of Meaningful Volunteering
- What’s on the Senior Agenda Legislative Slate for 2016?
- Discovering your Encore: Putting your Experience to Work for Social Good
- Caregiver Interest Group – Share Your Experiences
- Yoga for Seniors (all levels welcome)
- Don’t Sell Yourself Short at a Job Interview – Role Play and Audience Discussion
- Seniors’ Health Care (sharing stories and brainstorming ideas for improvement)
- Life Reimagined (AARP’s workshop on thinking about what’s next in your life)
There will also be a keynote address from George Rebok, who will speak on Experience Corps, an intensive program of senior volunteers in Baltimore public schools; exhibitor tables to visit; and opportunities to sign up for volunteer experiences.