The 2014 version of The Rhode Island Guide to Services for Seniors and Adults with Disabilities was recently released, and we wanted to highlight this excellent resource.
Every year, the Rhode Island Department of Human Services Division of Elderly Affairs produces a “pocket manual” to help seniors and those with disabilities, and their families, access the resources they need. This comprehensive PDF guide, which is current to April 1, 2014, covers far more topics than we’ll mention here, but here are a few key sections:
- Adult Day Health Services (p. 9)
- Caregiver Support (p. 15)
- Elder Abuse/Self-Neglect (p.30)
- Heating Assistance (p.43)
- Home & Hospice Care Programs (p. 45)
- Medical Assistance/Medicaid (p. 55)
- Respite Care Programs (p. 70)
- Senior Centers (p.71)
- Tax Assistance (p. 81)
- Transportation Assistance Programs (p. 82)
This is only a small sampling of the topics covered in the pocket manual. You can view the entire 2014 Pocket Manual (also in PDF) online, or call the DEA for a copy, at 401-462-3000 (TTY at 401-462-0740).